CoulterBellonStephen

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, 30 July 2012

The Acknowledgments Page

Posted on 11:11 by Unknown
I've been working on my acknowledgment page today and I have to say every time I do one of these it makes me feel very humble.

You see, there are so many people that help me make my books the very best they can be.  Editors, beta readers, critique partners, people that helped me with research, and always, always, my family.

The hard part is I'm always afraid I'm going to forget someone.  Each time I get to this point I think, boy, I wish I would have kept a running list.  Next time I will.  And that's what I'm saying again.  I wish I would have kept a running list.  Oh well.  I for sure will do that next time.  Haha.

Part of me wants to put all of my regulars from this blog on my acknowledgments page.  You have been such a great support to me this year and it's been so fun to get to know you better.  Thanks for all you did!

So here's my question to you:  Do you read acknowledgment pages in books?  Why or why not?
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • First Page Friday
    Well, after yesterday's comments, I just want to post the link to where you can get a hardcopy of All Fall Down.  You know, in case Jon ...
  • What's Your Editing Process?
    Today I am hunkered down working on these final edits.  I have babysitters set for my children, power snacks ready for me, and I think I...
  • My Blog Tour is Almost Here!
    I've never done an official blog tour before, but with All Fall Down , I am pleased to announce I will be doing one.  The amazing Lexie ...
  • Do You Ever Wonder If It's Worth It?
    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins not by strength but by perseverance." - H. Jackson B...
  • The Writing Process--Tell Me Yours & I'll Tell You Mine
    I've been analyzing my writing process and I thought it might be fun to share it with you and see how it compares to your writing proces...
  • Book Review: Reforming Lord Ragsdale
    I know, I know, I'm reviewing another historical this week.  I'm just on a historical kick these days and Carla Kelly is my author o...
  • Choosing Names for Your Characters
    So, after reading Debra's comment yesterday about the name "Grace" being too common, I went into a bit of panic mode since tha...
  • First Page Friday
    Well, since it's Friday the 13th, this is either a scary post or a lucky one.  I'll go for lucky. Thank you so much to both the subm...
  • Supporting the Cause of Literacy
    As most of you know, I am a big advocate of libraries and literacy.  I think that libraries are the great equalizer in that everyone has acc...
  • I Can Do Hard Things
    Yesterday my friend was telling me about how she was cleaning out her older son's room (who had just left on an LDS mission) and her dau...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (175)
    • ►  August (8)
    • ►  July (29)
    • ►  June (21)
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (25)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (23)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ▼  2012 (283)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (26)
    • ►  September (21)
    • ►  August (24)
    • ▼  July (23)
      • Supporting the Cause of Literacy
      • The Acknowledgments Page
      • First Page Friday---Where It's My First Page
      • Gesture Crutches---Do You Use Them?
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Some Great Ebook Deals For Your TBR Pile
      • I Can Do Hard Things
      • Getting to Know Ms. Shreditor
      • The Writing Process--Tell Me Yours & I'll Tell You...
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Scarecrow and Mrs. King--How the Spy Business Has ...
      • Do You Have a Lucky Writing Shirt?
      • First Page Friday
      • What's Your Editing Process?
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • G-Rated Non-Profanity (Yes, I'm Editing)
      • Dissecting My Manuscript
      • First Page Friday
      • Danger on Our Fourth of July
      • Happy 4th of July! And Word Count Wednesday
      • My New Cover! Come See!
      • How Far Can Love Scenes Go in Clean Romance?
      • Happy Canada Day!
    • ►  June (25)
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (22)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ►  2011 (42)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (19)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile