CoulterBellonStephen

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Graduation

Posted on 20:07 by Unknown
Today my son graduated from high school and I sat there in the stands, watching this amazing child of mine walk across the stage, ending a chapter in his life and ready to start a new one.  The speeches were all about remembering who you are, blazing new trails and making your own map, and making a difference in the world.

I admit it---I cried.

This is my child who is always at my right hand laughing with me, helping me, and just being a bright ray of sunshine in my life.  I will miss him when he goes to college, but I am so proud of the young man he has become.

So today I hope you will indulge me in being so late in writing my blog.  I did think of all my blog friends as I was sitting there, knowing that you would be cheering for us if you could have been there with me. 

It was a spectacular day, one of many more to come I hope.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • First Page Friday
    Well, after yesterday's comments, I just want to post the link to where you can get a hardcopy of All Fall Down.  You know, in case Jon ...
  • What's Your Editing Process?
    Today I am hunkered down working on these final edits.  I have babysitters set for my children, power snacks ready for me, and I think I...
  • My Blog Tour is Almost Here!
    I've never done an official blog tour before, but with All Fall Down , I am pleased to announce I will be doing one.  The amazing Lexie ...
  • Do You Ever Wonder If It's Worth It?
    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins not by strength but by perseverance." - H. Jackson B...
  • The Writing Process--Tell Me Yours & I'll Tell You Mine
    I've been analyzing my writing process and I thought it might be fun to share it with you and see how it compares to your writing proces...
  • Book Review: Reforming Lord Ragsdale
    I know, I know, I'm reviewing another historical this week.  I'm just on a historical kick these days and Carla Kelly is my author o...
  • Choosing Names for Your Characters
    So, after reading Debra's comment yesterday about the name "Grace" being too common, I went into a bit of panic mode since tha...
  • First Page Friday
    Well, since it's Friday the 13th, this is either a scary post or a lucky one.  I'll go for lucky. Thank you so much to both the subm...
  • Supporting the Cause of Literacy
    As most of you know, I am a big advocate of libraries and literacy.  I think that libraries are the great equalizer in that everyone has acc...
  • I Can Do Hard Things
    Yesterday my friend was telling me about how she was cleaning out her older son's room (who had just left on an LDS mission) and her dau...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (175)
    • ►  August (8)
    • ►  July (29)
    • ►  June (21)
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (25)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (23)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ▼  2012 (283)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (26)
    • ►  September (21)
    • ►  August (24)
    • ►  July (23)
    • ►  June (25)
    • ▼  May (24)
      • JumpStartWriMo Starts Tomorrow! And Musings on Mot...
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Graduation
      • Memorial Day and a Book Review: Defenders of Faith
      • First Page Friday
      • Book Reviews--Love 'Em or Leave 'Em?
      • Word Count Wednesday and I'm Having a Moment
      • Open-Ended or All Tied Up--What Kind of Ending Do ...
      • Book Review: Royal Secrets
      • First Page Friday and The Hop Winner!
      • Writers and Unicyclists
      • Word Count Wednesday and Unclaimed Prizes
      • Hawaii Five-O Season Finale--What Were the Writers...
      • Book Reviews: Daughters of Jared and Dangerous Favor
      • First Page Friday
      • LDS Authors Giveaway Hop
      • Plot vs. Character What Do You Think?
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Castle, Hawaii Five-O, and a Book Review: The Duke...
      • Announcing The Winners!!
      • First Page Friday Plus Last Day of the Party and F...
      • Four Incredible "J" Prizes to be Won Today!
      • Flash Fiction Contest Entries--They Need Your Vote!
      • Four Ebooks Up For Grabs & A Bit of Castle/Hawaii 5-0
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (22)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ►  2011 (42)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (19)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile