CoulterBellonStephen

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Word Count Wednesday & Character Inspiration Photos

Posted on 08:11 by Unknown
I just have to tell you, my first author interview for Ashes Ashes was posted today.  You can read all about my inspiration for the book here.

Well, I had a bit of inspiration and motivation this week.  I found a picture of the man who closely resembles (in my mind) Bart, my main character in my new book.  Here he is:

(No infringement is intended by posting these photos, this is just my wish list if my book were ever made into a movie.)




His name is Eduardo Verastegui.  He was raised in a little village in Northern Mexico and is the son of a sugar cane farmer. He can sing and he can act.  And he would be my perfect Bart in my new novel Pocket Full of Posies.  What do you think?

As for word count, I'm finishing up the first chapter and boy, this one has been intense to write.  So far, though, I still love Bart, Colby, Claire and the Captain, so we're good.  I've written about 5000 words on this manuscript so far.

How did you do this week?

And do you ever look at pictures of people that inspire your imagination for your characters?  Why or why not?
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • First Page Friday
    Well, after yesterday's comments, I just want to post the link to where you can get a hardcopy of All Fall Down.  You know, in case Jon ...
  • What's Your Editing Process?
    Today I am hunkered down working on these final edits.  I have babysitters set for my children, power snacks ready for me, and I think I...
  • My Blog Tour is Almost Here!
    I've never done an official blog tour before, but with All Fall Down , I am pleased to announce I will be doing one.  The amazing Lexie ...
  • Do You Ever Wonder If It's Worth It?
    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins not by strength but by perseverance." - H. Jackson B...
  • The Writing Process--Tell Me Yours & I'll Tell You Mine
    I've been analyzing my writing process and I thought it might be fun to share it with you and see how it compares to your writing proces...
  • Book Review: Reforming Lord Ragsdale
    I know, I know, I'm reviewing another historical this week.  I'm just on a historical kick these days and Carla Kelly is my author o...
  • Choosing Names for Your Characters
    So, after reading Debra's comment yesterday about the name "Grace" being too common, I went into a bit of panic mode since tha...
  • First Page Friday
    Well, since it's Friday the 13th, this is either a scary post or a lucky one.  I'll go for lucky. Thank you so much to both the subm...
  • Supporting the Cause of Literacy
    As most of you know, I am a big advocate of libraries and literacy.  I think that libraries are the great equalizer in that everyone has acc...
  • I Can Do Hard Things
    Yesterday my friend was telling me about how she was cleaning out her older son's room (who had just left on an LDS mission) and her dau...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (175)
    • ►  August (8)
    • ►  July (29)
    • ▼  June (21)
      • First Page Friday & An Announcement
      • My Conference Presentation--How To Write Kick Butt...
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Three Things That Motivate Me To Write In The Summer
      • Book Review: Be Mine
      • First Page Friday
      • IB Nosey Gets Nosy With Me
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Are You a To-Do List Person?
      • A Summer of A Million Gifts
      • Book Review: Sworn Enemy
      • First Page Friday
      • Meridian Magazine Reviewed Ashes Ashes! & Let's Ta...
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Upcoming Conferences and Book Signings
      • Triple Whammy---Three Book Reviews!
      • First Page Friday
      • To Bookmark or Not To Bookmark
      • Word Count Wednesday & Character Inspiration Photos
      • Three Wonderful Things
      • I, Spy Blog Tour Answers My Spy Question
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (25)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (23)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2012 (283)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (26)
    • ►  September (21)
    • ►  August (24)
    • ►  July (23)
    • ►  June (25)
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (22)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ►  2011 (42)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (19)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile