CoulterBellonStephen

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 13 June 2013

Meridian Magazine Reviewed Ashes Ashes! & Let's Talk About Writing Goals

Posted on 10:14 by Unknown
Meridian Magazine reviewed my book today!  *happy dance*  The reviewer had a lot of good things to say like,

"The plot is full of action and keeps a fast pace. The author demonstrates a good understanding of police procedure and of world affairs in both the background and action of the story. The details are graphic in places, but put in a perspective that keeps them from being offensive. Bellon uses an interesting writing device in setting up the ending to almost mirror the beginning. Fans of action novels will enjoy reading Ashes Ashes."

So you can see why I'm so happy.  She said a lot of other things, too, and you can go here to see the full review.

Yesterday we were talking about getting motivated to write in the summertime.  The more I've thought about this, the more I think it's related to goals whether it's word count goals, chapter goals, scene goals, whatever.  When I have a goal, I make plans to meet that goal and that's what I need right now--a little summertime structure if you will.

Since a goal is just a wish until it's written down, today I am writing down that I would like to finish drafting Bart's story by July 31st.  That's a pretty big goal for me, but I know if I break it down into small pieces I can do it.

When I calculate everything, that means my daily goal is to write at least five pages per day.  I'm really going to try to stay accountable and on top of this.  Goals = Motivation = Accomplishment.  I can do this.

I hope you'll join with me in making some goals for the summer.  Write them in the comment section and we'll check in with each other, keep ourselves accountable.

What would you like to accomplish by the end of July?
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • First Page Friday
    Well, after yesterday's comments, I just want to post the link to where you can get a hardcopy of All Fall Down.  You know, in case Jon ...
  • What's Your Editing Process?
    Today I am hunkered down working on these final edits.  I have babysitters set for my children, power snacks ready for me, and I think I...
  • My Blog Tour is Almost Here!
    I've never done an official blog tour before, but with All Fall Down , I am pleased to announce I will be doing one.  The amazing Lexie ...
  • Do You Ever Wonder If It's Worth It?
    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins not by strength but by perseverance." - H. Jackson B...
  • The Writing Process--Tell Me Yours & I'll Tell You Mine
    I've been analyzing my writing process and I thought it might be fun to share it with you and see how it compares to your writing proces...
  • Book Review: Reforming Lord Ragsdale
    I know, I know, I'm reviewing another historical this week.  I'm just on a historical kick these days and Carla Kelly is my author o...
  • Choosing Names for Your Characters
    So, after reading Debra's comment yesterday about the name "Grace" being too common, I went into a bit of panic mode since tha...
  • First Page Friday
    Well, since it's Friday the 13th, this is either a scary post or a lucky one.  I'll go for lucky. Thank you so much to both the subm...
  • Supporting the Cause of Literacy
    As most of you know, I am a big advocate of libraries and literacy.  I think that libraries are the great equalizer in that everyone has acc...
  • I Can Do Hard Things
    Yesterday my friend was telling me about how she was cleaning out her older son's room (who had just left on an LDS mission) and her dau...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (175)
    • ►  August (8)
    • ►  July (29)
    • ▼  June (21)
      • First Page Friday & An Announcement
      • My Conference Presentation--How To Write Kick Butt...
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Three Things That Motivate Me To Write In The Summer
      • Book Review: Be Mine
      • First Page Friday
      • IB Nosey Gets Nosy With Me
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Are You a To-Do List Person?
      • A Summer of A Million Gifts
      • Book Review: Sworn Enemy
      • First Page Friday
      • Meridian Magazine Reviewed Ashes Ashes! & Let's Ta...
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Upcoming Conferences and Book Signings
      • Triple Whammy---Three Book Reviews!
      • First Page Friday
      • To Bookmark or Not To Bookmark
      • Word Count Wednesday & Character Inspiration Photos
      • Three Wonderful Things
      • I, Spy Blog Tour Answers My Spy Question
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (25)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (23)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2012 (283)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (26)
    • ►  September (21)
    • ►  August (24)
    • ►  July (23)
    • ►  June (25)
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (22)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ►  2011 (42)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (19)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile