CoulterBellonStephen

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Book Review: the Sweetest Kiss

Posted on 09:43 by Unknown
The Sweetest Kiss by Marie Higgins is just that---a sweet regency romance.

Our hero, Trey Worthington, has been told his entire life that he is just like his father. Unfortunately, his father wasn't an honorable man and Trey watched his mother suffer through a difficult marriage. So, not only does Trey believe he can never have a happy marriage, he's decided he will just never marry. He also carries a lot of guilt over something that happened to his younger brother. Yet, once our tortured hero is introduced to Judith, a young lady that he becomes responsible for, he begins to question everything he thought he'd ever known.

Judith Faraday doesn't feel like she needs a guardian, especially one like Trey whom she is very attracted to. She has endured her parents' death and is carrying a few secrets of her own---including a secret engagement to an officer in the Navy. Things don't go as she planned, however, and she finds herself being introduced into London society, thrust into several situations that have her questioning everything she thought she knew.

I thought this was an enjoyable story and I really wanted to see how Judith would end up. The plot was a bit predictable and some of the language a bit over the top, but I thought the author did a good job in presenting the characters and making the reader identify with them. For those of you who love happy endings, this one wraps up nicely.

Here's the back copy:

Lord Trey Worthington isn’t about to give his heart to a woman. He does not want a marriage like his parents. But when his mother brings in a childhood acquaintance into the home to sponsor into society, Trey has to get Miss Faraday trained properly. The more he gets to know Judith, the more he yearns for something he doesn’t dare reach for. Judith is after a faithful husband—something Trey has been convinced most of his life he’ll never become.

Judith Faraday is only after one thing—to marry her Naval Officer and enjoy a life full of love. She’s doubtful her dream will ever come true while living as the ward to the dowager duchess. However, the longer Judith is with the dowager’s son, Trey, an attraction blossoms. Judith now wonders if God has different plans for her life, because Trey doesn’t believe in the sanctity of marriage . . . the very thing Judith cannot do without.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • First Page Friday
    Well, after yesterday's comments, I just want to post the link to where you can get a hardcopy of All Fall Down.  You know, in case Jon ...
  • What's Your Editing Process?
    Today I am hunkered down working on these final edits.  I have babysitters set for my children, power snacks ready for me, and I think I...
  • Do You Ever Wonder If It's Worth It?
    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins not by strength but by perseverance." - H. Jackson B...
  • My Blog Tour is Almost Here!
    I've never done an official blog tour before, but with All Fall Down , I am pleased to announce I will be doing one.  The amazing Lexie ...
  • The Writing Process--Tell Me Yours & I'll Tell You Mine
    I've been analyzing my writing process and I thought it might be fun to share it with you and see how it compares to your writing proces...
  • Book Review: Reforming Lord Ragsdale
    I know, I know, I'm reviewing another historical this week.  I'm just on a historical kick these days and Carla Kelly is my author o...
  • Choosing Names for Your Characters
    So, after reading Debra's comment yesterday about the name "Grace" being too common, I went into a bit of panic mode since tha...
  • I Can Do Hard Things
    Yesterday my friend was telling me about how she was cleaning out her older son's room (who had just left on an LDS mission) and her dau...
  • First Page Friday
    Well, since it's Friday the 13th, this is either a scary post or a lucky one.  I'll go for lucky. Thank you so much to both the subm...
  • Supporting the Cause of Literacy
    As most of you know, I am a big advocate of libraries and literacy.  I think that libraries are the great equalizer in that everyone has acc...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (175)
    • ►  August (8)
    • ►  July (29)
    • ►  June (21)
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (25)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (23)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ▼  2012 (283)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (26)
    • ►  September (21)
    • ►  August (24)
    • ►  July (23)
    • ►  June (25)
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (22)
    • ▼  January (22)
      • This Crazy Thing I Did & Book Review In God Is Our...
      • Treasure Hunting
      • First Page Friday
      • Know Your Audience--Writing Tip
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Book Review: Family by Design
      • The Dreaded Monday
      • First Page Friday
      • Choosing Names for Your Characters
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Book Review: The Dark Lord
      • Martin Luther King Day
      • First Page Friday
      • Do You Ever Wonder If It's Worth It?
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Late Book Review--Miss Delacourt Has Her Day
      • My Embarrassing Moment
      • First Page Friday
      • Writing Tip---Are You An Over-Describer?
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Book Review: the Sweetest Kiss
      • New Year's Resolutions
  • ►  2011 (42)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (19)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile