CoulterBellonStephen

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Late Book Review--Miss Delacourt Has Her Day

Posted on 18:58 by Unknown
I'm sorry that my post is so late today. I had some unforeseen things come up and I spent most of it running around to different appointments. Thank you to my faithful readers for being so patient with me.

Today I'm reviewing Miss Delacourt Has Her Day by Heidi Ashworth. I am a big Jane Austen fan and I love the way this author's style is so reminiscent of hers. This is a historical romance through and through, but it does have a bit of adventure to it, in the fact that our hero Anthony is called upon to really work for the woman he loves.

When I picked up this book I didn't realize that it is a sequel to Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind. If I had known that I probably would have read that one first, since I think that the reading experience I had with Miss Delacourt Has Her Day would probably have been richer for having the background of the characters.

It was a short and easy read, which I loved, but felt the ending was a bit too abrupt---especially for a romantic at heart like myself. (Or maybe I just didn't want it to end.) It was a sweet romance, full of so many wonderful details of the time period, and I really enjoyed it.

Here is the back copy for it:

Ginny Delacourt felt the course of true love could not have run smoother. After all, it required only a fortnight, a pair of highwaymen, a pox quarantine, a sham betrothal, and a masquerade ball to bring Sir Anthony up to snuff. When her beloved suddenly becomes the heir to his uncle, the Duke of Marcross, protocol dictates that he drop the 'Sir' from his name. It's his uncle who insists Ginny, daughter of a lowly vicar, is not the proper bride for a future duke.

Lucinda and Lord Avery arrive on the scene to stir up trouble, and Ginny's normally manipulative Grandaunt Regina seems helpless to arrange anything, least of all a frowned-upon wedding. It's up to Anthony, with help from his fussy valet, to see to it that Ginny has her day.

The road to true love just got a little bumpier.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • First Page Friday
    Well, after yesterday's comments, I just want to post the link to where you can get a hardcopy of All Fall Down.  You know, in case Jon ...
  • What's Your Editing Process?
    Today I am hunkered down working on these final edits.  I have babysitters set for my children, power snacks ready for me, and I think I...
  • My Blog Tour is Almost Here!
    I've never done an official blog tour before, but with All Fall Down , I am pleased to announce I will be doing one.  The amazing Lexie ...
  • Do You Ever Wonder If It's Worth It?
    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins not by strength but by perseverance." - H. Jackson B...
  • The Writing Process--Tell Me Yours & I'll Tell You Mine
    I've been analyzing my writing process and I thought it might be fun to share it with you and see how it compares to your writing proces...
  • Book Review: Reforming Lord Ragsdale
    I know, I know, I'm reviewing another historical this week.  I'm just on a historical kick these days and Carla Kelly is my author o...
  • First Page Friday
    Well, since it's Friday the 13th, this is either a scary post or a lucky one.  I'll go for lucky. Thank you so much to both the subm...
  • Choosing Names for Your Characters
    So, after reading Debra's comment yesterday about the name "Grace" being too common, I went into a bit of panic mode since tha...
  • I Can Do Hard Things
    Yesterday my friend was telling me about how she was cleaning out her older son's room (who had just left on an LDS mission) and her dau...
  • Scarecrow and Mrs. King--How the Spy Business Has Changed
    So you all know that I'm in an editing marathon/crunch right now and things are going great/horrible.  I've become quite adept at mo...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (175)
    • ►  August (8)
    • ►  July (29)
    • ►  June (21)
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (25)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (23)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ▼  2012 (283)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (26)
    • ►  September (21)
    • ►  August (24)
    • ►  July (23)
    • ►  June (25)
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (22)
    • ▼  January (22)
      • This Crazy Thing I Did & Book Review In God Is Our...
      • Treasure Hunting
      • First Page Friday
      • Know Your Audience--Writing Tip
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Book Review: Family by Design
      • The Dreaded Monday
      • First Page Friday
      • Choosing Names for Your Characters
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Book Review: The Dark Lord
      • Martin Luther King Day
      • First Page Friday
      • Do You Ever Wonder If It's Worth It?
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Late Book Review--Miss Delacourt Has Her Day
      • My Embarrassing Moment
      • First Page Friday
      • Writing Tip---Are You An Over-Describer?
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Book Review: the Sweetest Kiss
      • New Year's Resolutions
  • ►  2011 (42)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (19)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile