CoulterBellonStephen

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Castle and Hawaii Five-O--Now THAT'S What I'm Talking 'Bout

Posted on 11:32 by Unknown
Holy macaroni, where do I even start with last night's shows?

Castle was awesome.  It was tense and even though we were beating the dead mother storyline again (isn't that horse dead yet?) Stana Katic blew me out of the water with her acting skills.  The moment where she's trying to decide whether to suppress that evidence, or where she knows she's let a man go who could potentially hurt innocent people, even the interrogation room scene, it was all amazing.  Katic says everything with her facial expressions.  It is truly amazing to watch.

Castle was no slouch either.  His little comment that he wouldn't have stopped what happened was a tiny bit chilling, considering how Castle's character usually is so laidback.  But it also tells me the depth of what he feels for Beckett and what she's gone through because of Bracken.  It was a really well-acted episode.

The best thing was how the writers kept the tension high throughout the entire hour.  The set-up, the scenes with Bracken, the guilt at what Beckett's done, it was all incredible.  Loved it.

Hawaii Five-O was kickin' it old school with an homage to the original series and rehashing an old script that's been updated a bit.  Robocop was creepy from the get-go, walking through the cemetery and putting together his sniper rifle.  With some of the recent headlines, it made it all the more creepy.  I liked how the fab four worked together and how in the end, the sniper died by a sniper.  Danno and Steve had some cute banter moments (I do not worry about losing you during a gun battle, haha!), but the cargument was my favorite.  (On the well-paved roads of Honolulu, I am definitely the better driver.)

Then at the end, the writers went all Star Wars and had the dead cops who were like his "uncles" and his father appear to Steve, all happy and proud.  Strange and awkward, but I couldn't turn away.

All in all, a wonderful night of television.

What did you do last night?  Did you catch any good TV?
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • First Page Friday
    Well, after yesterday's comments, I just want to post the link to where you can get a hardcopy of All Fall Down.  You know, in case Jon ...
  • What's Your Editing Process?
    Today I am hunkered down working on these final edits.  I have babysitters set for my children, power snacks ready for me, and I think I...
  • My Blog Tour is Almost Here!
    I've never done an official blog tour before, but with All Fall Down , I am pleased to announce I will be doing one.  The amazing Lexie ...
  • Do You Ever Wonder If It's Worth It?
    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins not by strength but by perseverance." - H. Jackson B...
  • The Writing Process--Tell Me Yours & I'll Tell You Mine
    I've been analyzing my writing process and I thought it might be fun to share it with you and see how it compares to your writing proces...
  • Book Review: Reforming Lord Ragsdale
    I know, I know, I'm reviewing another historical this week.  I'm just on a historical kick these days and Carla Kelly is my author o...
  • Choosing Names for Your Characters
    So, after reading Debra's comment yesterday about the name "Grace" being too common, I went into a bit of panic mode since tha...
  • First Page Friday
    Well, since it's Friday the 13th, this is either a scary post or a lucky one.  I'll go for lucky. Thank you so much to both the subm...
  • Supporting the Cause of Literacy
    As most of you know, I am a big advocate of libraries and literacy.  I think that libraries are the great equalizer in that everyone has acc...
  • I Can Do Hard Things
    Yesterday my friend was telling me about how she was cleaning out her older son's room (who had just left on an LDS mission) and her dau...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (175)
    • ►  August (8)
    • ►  July (29)
    • ►  June (21)
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (25)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ▼  February (23)
      • The Frustration of Writing---Where I'm At
      • Word Count Wednesday--What Do You Think About Nove...
      • My Review of the Best Castle Episode Ever
      • North and South With Patrick Swazye
      • First Page Friday
      • Three Tips for Naming Your Characters
      • Anyone Sprinting Tonight?
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Castle Review---Holy Eiffel Tower!
      • Book Review: A Timeless Romance Anthology Spring ...
      • The Art of Bookmaking by Ms. Shreditor
      • First Page Friday Needs Submissions
      • Happy Valentines Day! What I Wish For You . . .
      • Sprinting--Better Late Than Never
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Castle's Homage to Alias? And Hawaii Five-O Review
      • Book Review: Line of Fire
      • First Page Friday--Our First Non-Fiction
      • Three Tips For Writing Your First Chapter
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Castle and Hawaii Five-O--Now THAT'S What I'm Talk...
      • A Sort Of Book Review: The Five Books of Jesus
      • First Page Friday
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2012 (283)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (26)
    • ►  September (21)
    • ►  August (24)
    • ►  July (23)
    • ►  June (25)
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (22)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ►  2011 (42)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (19)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile