CoulterBellonStephen

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Word Count Wednesday--What Do You Think About Novellas?

Posted on 08:28 by Unknown
I am so excited to post that I wrote 4652 words this week.  I nailed down a lot of my ending, but I still have a little ways to go.

The problem is, this book isn't exactly as long as my other books.  I've been mulling over a few ideas, like adding a secondary plot, adding a character, you know, the usual, but then I've also been thinking about making this a novella.

So today I have two questions for you.  First, what do you think about novellas?  Do you always want more, want it to be longer?  Or do you like them?

Second, how did you do on your word count this week?
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • First Page Friday
    Well, after yesterday's comments, I just want to post the link to where you can get a hardcopy of All Fall Down.  You know, in case Jon ...
  • What's Your Editing Process?
    Today I am hunkered down working on these final edits.  I have babysitters set for my children, power snacks ready for me, and I think I...
  • My Blog Tour is Almost Here!
    I've never done an official blog tour before, but with All Fall Down , I am pleased to announce I will be doing one.  The amazing Lexie ...
  • Do You Ever Wonder If It's Worth It?
    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins not by strength but by perseverance." - H. Jackson B...
  • The Writing Process--Tell Me Yours & I'll Tell You Mine
    I've been analyzing my writing process and I thought it might be fun to share it with you and see how it compares to your writing proces...
  • Book Review: Reforming Lord Ragsdale
    I know, I know, I'm reviewing another historical this week.  I'm just on a historical kick these days and Carla Kelly is my author o...
  • First Page Friday
    Well, since it's Friday the 13th, this is either a scary post or a lucky one.  I'll go for lucky. Thank you so much to both the subm...
  • Choosing Names for Your Characters
    So, after reading Debra's comment yesterday about the name "Grace" being too common, I went into a bit of panic mode since tha...
  • I Can Do Hard Things
    Yesterday my friend was telling me about how she was cleaning out her older son's room (who had just left on an LDS mission) and her dau...
  • Scarecrow and Mrs. King--How the Spy Business Has Changed
    So you all know that I'm in an editing marathon/crunch right now and things are going great/horrible.  I've become quite adept at mo...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (175)
    • ►  August (8)
    • ►  July (29)
    • ►  June (21)
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (25)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ▼  February (23)
      • The Frustration of Writing---Where I'm At
      • Word Count Wednesday--What Do You Think About Nove...
      • My Review of the Best Castle Episode Ever
      • North and South With Patrick Swazye
      • First Page Friday
      • Three Tips for Naming Your Characters
      • Anyone Sprinting Tonight?
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Castle Review---Holy Eiffel Tower!
      • Book Review: A Timeless Romance Anthology Spring ...
      • The Art of Bookmaking by Ms. Shreditor
      • First Page Friday Needs Submissions
      • Happy Valentines Day! What I Wish For You . . .
      • Sprinting--Better Late Than Never
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Castle's Homage to Alias? And Hawaii Five-O Review
      • Book Review: Line of Fire
      • First Page Friday--Our First Non-Fiction
      • Three Tips For Writing Your First Chapter
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Castle and Hawaii Five-O--Now THAT'S What I'm Talk...
      • A Sort Of Book Review: The Five Books of Jesus
      • First Page Friday
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2012 (283)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (26)
    • ►  September (21)
    • ►  August (24)
    • ►  July (23)
    • ►  June (25)
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (22)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ►  2011 (42)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (19)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile