CoulterBellonStephen

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, 11 February 2013

Book Review: Line of Fire

Posted on 10:13 by Unknown


Rachel Nunes book, Line of Fire, continues the Autumn Rain adventures.  This is by far my favorite series of hers.

Autumn has found her biological father, who happens to also be a suspect in the disappearance of a young girl.  She consults with her sister, Tawnia, and decides to help in the investigation to find out if he's guilty or not.  Of course, her detective boyfriend, Shannon Martin, accompanies her and before they even make it to the city her dad lives in, they are involved in an attempted robbery.  It quickly spirals from there, with gunshots and fists flying on every other page.

It was exciting and I love the new layer to Autumn and Shannon.  Shannon is such a great hero and it's funny how opposite he is to Autumn, yet they really do complement each other.  This was a great case for them, filled with suspense and uncertainty which sort of defines where they are as a couple as well.  I really loved that.  A few times the fight scenes with the bad guys dragged for me because there were so many of them, but it didn't detract from the emotion and the investigation.  I love how her and Shannon have grown over the series and I can't wait to see where it goes.  It also adds a new emotional dimension with how things turn out with her father.  I hope that's part of the next book, too.

Here is the back copy:


Some secrets are best left alone.

Autumn Rain is back to work, along with handsome Detective Shannon Martin, but this time her investigation is personal. She must prove whether or not Cody Beckett is responsible for the disappearance of a young girl. His record makes him the main suspect, even if there's not enough evidence to arrest him, and Autumn's unique ability to read imprints may be the only way she can uncover the truth.

What Autumn discovers, however, is far bigger than she or Shannon expected. Secrets, lies, missing evidence, and Autumn's own volatile feelings regarding Cody muddy the case until they aren't sure whom to trust, even among their own allies.

Soon Autumn and Shannon are running out of time to save their own lives and the lives of more than one little girl. 



Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • First Page Friday
    Well, after yesterday's comments, I just want to post the link to where you can get a hardcopy of All Fall Down.  You know, in case Jon ...
  • What's Your Editing Process?
    Today I am hunkered down working on these final edits.  I have babysitters set for my children, power snacks ready for me, and I think I...
  • Do You Ever Wonder If It's Worth It?
    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins not by strength but by perseverance." - H. Jackson B...
  • My Blog Tour is Almost Here!
    I've never done an official blog tour before, but with All Fall Down , I am pleased to announce I will be doing one.  The amazing Lexie ...
  • The Writing Process--Tell Me Yours & I'll Tell You Mine
    I've been analyzing my writing process and I thought it might be fun to share it with you and see how it compares to your writing proces...
  • Book Review: Reforming Lord Ragsdale
    I know, I know, I'm reviewing another historical this week.  I'm just on a historical kick these days and Carla Kelly is my author o...
  • Choosing Names for Your Characters
    So, after reading Debra's comment yesterday about the name "Grace" being too common, I went into a bit of panic mode since tha...
  • I Can Do Hard Things
    Yesterday my friend was telling me about how she was cleaning out her older son's room (who had just left on an LDS mission) and her dau...
  • First Page Friday
    Well, since it's Friday the 13th, this is either a scary post or a lucky one.  I'll go for lucky. Thank you so much to both the subm...
  • Supporting the Cause of Literacy
    As most of you know, I am a big advocate of libraries and literacy.  I think that libraries are the great equalizer in that everyone has acc...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (175)
    • ►  August (8)
    • ►  July (29)
    • ►  June (21)
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (25)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ▼  February (23)
      • The Frustration of Writing---Where I'm At
      • Word Count Wednesday--What Do You Think About Nove...
      • My Review of the Best Castle Episode Ever
      • North and South With Patrick Swazye
      • First Page Friday
      • Three Tips for Naming Your Characters
      • Anyone Sprinting Tonight?
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Castle Review---Holy Eiffel Tower!
      • Book Review: A Timeless Romance Anthology Spring ...
      • The Art of Bookmaking by Ms. Shreditor
      • First Page Friday Needs Submissions
      • Happy Valentines Day! What I Wish For You . . .
      • Sprinting--Better Late Than Never
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Castle's Homage to Alias? And Hawaii Five-O Review
      • Book Review: Line of Fire
      • First Page Friday--Our First Non-Fiction
      • Three Tips For Writing Your First Chapter
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Castle and Hawaii Five-O--Now THAT'S What I'm Talk...
      • A Sort Of Book Review: The Five Books of Jesus
      • First Page Friday
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2012 (283)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (26)
    • ►  September (21)
    • ►  August (24)
    • ►  July (23)
    • ►  June (25)
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (22)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ►  2011 (42)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (19)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile