CoulterBellonStephen

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Castle's Homage to Alias? And Hawaii Five-O Review

Posted on 10:05 by Unknown
I'm just not sure how I feel about last night's episodes.  There were some cute moments, but also some huh? moments.  And for the first time ever, I fell asleep in the middle of Castle.  *sigh*  It was only for a few moments, but still, that sort of says something to me.

I loved the way Castle and Beckett were bantering about the Valentine's Day gifts they'd gotten each other and how they were so sure the other person was going to love it.  So cute!  But then I was disappointed that Castle got her such an unimaginative gift.  I mean, long dangly diamond earrings?  Cliche and not really Beckett's style.  I was hoping for something more creative, I guess.

And the final scene with Beckett's gift to him was really sweet, but I was confused for a second wondering why she was giving him a desk drawer.  Did she want him to work at her house? Although the looks on their faces were adorable, when she told him to put his clothes in the drawer I was still thinking, really?  That drawer is barely big enough for a pad of paper and a pen.  But it is movement in their relationship, so I'll take it.

I also wondered if the writers were doing an homage to my favorite spy show Alias because Gina Torres, who played one of the best baddies on Alias was guest-starring last night.  When Beckett threw the table, I could totally see her channeling "Anna Espinosa."  And then there was the drawer scene.  You see, Vaughn and Sydney from Alias had one of the cutest giving-a-drawer scene ever, and while Castle's wasn't quite as good, it was a nice try.

Here's the Alias drawer scene, if you're interested.  I miss them on my TV every week.  *le sigh*







The previews for next week really got my attention, though. Alexis in danger? Castle in agony trying to find her? Yeah, that one looks like appointment television.

Of course, Hawaii Five-O started off with a bang. I liked the murder mystery because the twists were unexpected, but this time the entering of the house and searching it without a warrant seemed to stick out more. And they used the Dark and Dismal Interrogation Dungeon twice in this ep. Why do they have such bad lighting in there? Are people more likely to confess in dark spaces?  Weird.

We also had another helping of Steve's mom. I really hate this storyline, as you all know, and last night didn't help my opinion. A grown man putting his mother under surveillance? A mother who is supposedly this amazing spy or whatever? Yeah. Dumb. Just like the storyline.

The best part of the show was the lines, "the first rule of fight club? You don't talk about fight club,"  Chin carrying that girl out of the pool, Steve with the MRE and Catherine offering to get her camos for him. So adorable!  But the best part of all was the scenery shots with the sunset. *sigh* I still love you Hawaii. I hope this is the year we will meet in person.

What about you?  Do you have a favorite romantic TV moment that sticks out to you?
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • First Page Friday
    Well, after yesterday's comments, I just want to post the link to where you can get a hardcopy of All Fall Down.  You know, in case Jon ...
  • What's Your Editing Process?
    Today I am hunkered down working on these final edits.  I have babysitters set for my children, power snacks ready for me, and I think I...
  • My Blog Tour is Almost Here!
    I've never done an official blog tour before, but with All Fall Down , I am pleased to announce I will be doing one.  The amazing Lexie ...
  • Do You Ever Wonder If It's Worth It?
    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins not by strength but by perseverance." - H. Jackson B...
  • The Writing Process--Tell Me Yours & I'll Tell You Mine
    I've been analyzing my writing process and I thought it might be fun to share it with you and see how it compares to your writing proces...
  • Book Review: Reforming Lord Ragsdale
    I know, I know, I'm reviewing another historical this week.  I'm just on a historical kick these days and Carla Kelly is my author o...
  • Choosing Names for Your Characters
    So, after reading Debra's comment yesterday about the name "Grace" being too common, I went into a bit of panic mode since tha...
  • First Page Friday
    Well, since it's Friday the 13th, this is either a scary post or a lucky one.  I'll go for lucky. Thank you so much to both the subm...
  • Supporting the Cause of Literacy
    As most of you know, I am a big advocate of libraries and literacy.  I think that libraries are the great equalizer in that everyone has acc...
  • I Can Do Hard Things
    Yesterday my friend was telling me about how she was cleaning out her older son's room (who had just left on an LDS mission) and her dau...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (175)
    • ►  August (8)
    • ►  July (29)
    • ►  June (21)
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (25)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ▼  February (23)
      • The Frustration of Writing---Where I'm At
      • Word Count Wednesday--What Do You Think About Nove...
      • My Review of the Best Castle Episode Ever
      • North and South With Patrick Swazye
      • First Page Friday
      • Three Tips for Naming Your Characters
      • Anyone Sprinting Tonight?
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Castle Review---Holy Eiffel Tower!
      • Book Review: A Timeless Romance Anthology Spring ...
      • The Art of Bookmaking by Ms. Shreditor
      • First Page Friday Needs Submissions
      • Happy Valentines Day! What I Wish For You . . .
      • Sprinting--Better Late Than Never
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Castle's Homage to Alias? And Hawaii Five-O Review
      • Book Review: Line of Fire
      • First Page Friday--Our First Non-Fiction
      • Three Tips For Writing Your First Chapter
      • Word Count Wednesday
      • Castle and Hawaii Five-O--Now THAT'S What I'm Talk...
      • A Sort Of Book Review: The Five Books of Jesus
      • First Page Friday
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2012 (283)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (26)
    • ►  September (21)
    • ►  August (24)
    • ►  July (23)
    • ►  June (25)
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (22)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ►  2011 (42)
    • ►  December (23)
    • ►  November (19)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile